Nominate A Woman of Inspiration
Categories For Nominations
1. Advocate and Catalyst for Change Award
A woman who has overcome adversity and is inspiring to others by advocating for causes to support women across Canada. She is an advocate for change, leads by example, practices mentorship and has a proven track record of success as an inspiration to women.
2. Lifetime Achievement Award
An extraordinary woman who has manifested a legacy that continues to inspire others. She has dedicated her life to the advancement of others and paved the way for the leaders of tomorrow. She is recognized as an ambassador for women through her extraordinary dedication, personal achievements, and service to others through mentorship, philanthropy, and business.
3. Game Changer Award
A woman who has set her goals to forge a path on the road less travelled, to create a vision for her company, on a global platform. She is a thought leader and visionary with a disruptor mindset able to adapt to changing markets. She has proved success with established national, international and global partnerships.
4. Mompreneur Award
A woman who is a Canadian entrepreneur, mother and founder or co-founder of her business. She balances responsibilities as a mother and the running of her business with poise, and proven success. She inspires those around her to move mountains and realize dreams. She has made significant contributions to her local, regional or national community.
5. Trailblazer (STEM) Award
A Woman who has broken barriers in the workplace or business community in the category of science, technology, innovation or research. She is a catalyst for change and has made a significant contribution as a business leader. With her entrepreneurial spirit, she has a proven track record of her success.
6. Millennial Leader Award
The rising star is a young woman who makes an impact on business, community projects, and volunteering. She is an exemplary role model breaking barriers and traditional silos with proven business success. She is a young woman of influence and inspiration in her community and communities across Canada.
7. Difference Maker Award
A woman with a commitment and a passion for serving others while making an impact and leading with purpose. Through her work as a humanitarian, she demonstrates the application of business development strategies to implement solutions for social, cultural or environmental issues.
8. Innovation Award
As an innovator, this woman is recognized for implementing something new with a following that matters. It's one thing to create something new; it's quite another the scale the innovation from concept to reality … be it concrete or intangible … to a level that gives it tipping point status with evidence of success (Potentially) across international boundaries. The Innovation Award recognizes the creativity combined with the functionality towards solving a problem be it, for example, in the realm of export, research, thought leadership, manufacturing, technology or health. An Innovation Award recognizes a woman who has the courage to take the road less travelled and ignore the naysayers.
9. Authentic Leader Award
A woman who has made significant contributions to her industry. She is a role model and advocates for gender parity within her industry while empowering and supporting other women in the workplace in Canada. She emphasizes building honest relationships, values input, has the mindset of an entrepreneur, and leads with courage, confidence, commitment and integrity.
10. Cultural Ambassador Award
A woman who has made significant contribution through her dedication to enriching the lives of others through visual, literary, performing arts, or broadcasting. She is an advocate for women and leads by example to make an impact in the lives of others through her work.
11. Unsung Hero Award
A woman who has made a significant contribution to empower, advance, advocate, or support women in Canada. She is a service leader and role model in the public sector that demonstrates extraordinary leadership, commitment to cause, courage, and integrity. Nominations are open to women in public service to include: Police, Military, Firefighters, Canadian Forces, Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
12. Global Influencer Award
A woman who is a global visionary. She has a contagious message to share with the world. Radiates passion and purpose to make an impact in her community and around the globe. She is of service as a mentor paving the road less traveled for other women to follow. Global Influencers may be movement creators, speakers, authors, filmmakers, and recording artists.
13. Innovative Leader Award
A woman who demonstrates exemplary leadership through innovative strategies to empower women in leadership roles within an organization. Actively supports an expanding role for women in the organization's internal pipeline. Extends that advocacy and that pipeline model into the community as a bar-setting influencer. She is changing the landscape in which women serve.
14. SupportHER Award
A company, organization or person that champions for women in their networks, workplaces and communities.. A SupporHER is a team player and active mentor who paves the road to empower women in leadership roles. A SupportHER is a champion for the inclusion of women in the goals and the vision of the enterprise.
15. Global Impact Award
A woman who Is recognized for breaking down barriers in her industry. Has documented success. She believes in empowering women to follow in her footsteps. She is a leader of an international or global corporation. Is a corporate visionary. Her significant contribution to the betterment of the environment has global effect/impact.
16. Mentorship Award
As a leader, coach or mentor, this is a woman who has dedicated her career to the advancement of women. She leads by example with a visible track record for success. She believes in the circle of reciprocity and empowers women to use their voice to make effective changes personally and professionally.
17. The Nest Award
The recipient of this award is a single mom who has overcome adversity and demonstrates resiliency. She is a business leader with proven success. She has transformed her life and the lives of her children with dignity and grace. She is a role model for her children. She is a mentor and advocate for single moms. She demonstrates by example that is she can do it, so can you.
18. New - Power Partner Award
Power Partners are individual allies that raise the bar and awareness for gender parity. A Power Partner is a champion advocating for men and women working together. She/he is an advocate for women's rights and gender equality and demonstrates commitment to champion women across multiple platforms: network, workplace and community.
19. New - Youth Excellence Award
The recipient is a young role model who is making an impact in their community inspiring youth to think outside the box, follow their dreams and take action to put these dreams into motion. Our youth excellence award is an entrepreneur, trailblazer, inventor, performer under the age of 18 years old.
20. New - Indigenous Leader Award
The recipient of the Indigenous Leader Award is trailblazer and women who leads by example. She is an advocate for indigenous women and leads by example to empower those around her. She is a business leader, entrepreneur, or professional who is making an impact in her community. She inspires others to dream big and to use the power of your voice to overcome any obstacle.
21. New - Rural Leader Award
The recipient of this award is a leader in her community, she may be an entrepreneur, professional or business leader who's leadership and reach is not defined by the geographical. Her determination, voice and work makes her a leader in her community and a sought after woman for trailblazing roads less travelled. The Rural Leader Award recipient lives in rural Canada.
22. New - Inspire Award
The recipient of this award recognizes an individual whose example is so noteworthy as to spontaneously inspire others. This award is given to someone who not only embraces their personal ability to create influence for meaningful change but influences others to embrace theirs.
23. New - Diversity and Inclusiveness Award
This award recognizes that the strength to pursue personal goals is not limited to a single age group nor a gender, skillset or world of work. The recipient of this award has met with challenges that may have discriminated against them because of their physical differences or any other human rights issues such as age, gender or sexuality.
Complete the Online Nomination Package by Midnight June 15, 2019 and Nominee Package below completed and submitted no later than midnight June 24, 2019, to be eligible. No late entries will be accepted.
Who Can be nominated for a Woman of Inspiration Award?
Any individual or organization may nominate a Woman of Inspiration. We accept nominations from women from all stages of business and life representing all industries. Previous nominees have included women from diverse educational and cultural backgrounds: entrepreneurs, businesswomen, professionals, executives, scientists, arts and media, not-for-profits, journalists, thought leaders, authors, athletes, lawyers, doctors, musicians, youth (under the age of 18), women with disabilities, advocates and women in public service from across Canada. Every woman has a story.
To be eligible for a Woman of Inspiration Award, the nominee must:
- Nominees must attend National Women of Inspiration Awards Gala in either Calgary, October 3 or Toronto, October 9.
- Nominees must complete and submit a Nomination Package no later than midnight on June 24, 2019. Don’t wait to leverage your nomination personally and professionally submit your Nomination Package today!
- If you are not already a member, you may choose to become a member of Canadian Business Chicks. Nominees that choose to Become a Member, we will waive your sign up fee ( monthly subscription applies) Nominee Promo code: woi2019member to waive the sign-up fee $ 150.
- Open to all Canadian residents.
- To be eligible for the Millennial Leader Award, the nominee must be 34-years-old or younger on January 1, 2019.
- To be eligible for the Youth Excellence Award, the nominee must be under the age of 18 on January 1, 2019. Any nominees under the age of 18 must have a letter of consent from a legal guardian.
- Canadian Business Chicks reserves the right to withhold an award in any category and holds final determination on all awards.
- The selection committee reserves the right to move a nominee to a category more suited to their strengths and skill sets without notification. View Categories.
- Nominees and finalist’s names, bio, the photo will be published for editorial, marketing or promotional materials for Canadian Business Chicks and Women of Inspiration.
- Nominees are eligible for re-nomination in subsequent years. A new Nomination and Nomination Package must be submitted by the deadline. No late entries will be accepted.
- This is an awards competition.
- Subscribe to our newsletter for event information.
What’s Unique About Our Awards?
Our awards gala is an inspirational public event featuring awe-inspiring Canadian keynote speakers and offers an opportunity to rub shoulders, celebrate and acknowledge the women who are disruptors, game changers, difference makers, trailblazers, and newsmakers. This event is about connecting and recognizing and celebrating the accomplishments of women on a national scale. It’s is also an opportunity to connect local, national and global stakeholders, network and build valuable relationships with other thought leaders, industry experts, and visionaries. It’s about sending a global message of diversity and inclusiveness uniting men and women from the global business community voicing their support for the achievements of women.
We are excited to launch our National Women of Inspiration Awards in Toronto, Ontario on October 9, 2019.
5TH ANNUAL Women of Ins – DREAM BIG!
TORONTO, October 9 – National Women of Inspiration Awards Gala + After Party – Tickets
CALGARY, October 3 – National Women of Inspiration Awards Gala + After Party – Tickets
Early Bird Tickets on Sale until June 15, 2019!
Watch VIDEO from last year!
Nominees may be entered in one category. View 23 Categories. Each nomination must include:
Step One: NOMINATE A WOMAN. Fill out Nomination Form.
Step Two: Nominee to Complete Nomination Package.
Nominee Package must be completed by NOMINEE and submitted by midnight June 24, 2019. Please CLICK to complete. Judging is based on the completed nomination package.
- Nominees and nominators will receive a notification once a nomination has been received. A nomination package and a statement declaring active membership of Canadian Business Chicks must be completed by the nominee in order to be eligible. Deadline midnight, June 24, 2019.
- All completed and eligible nomination packages will be forwarded to the Selection Committee for judging. Canadian Business Chicks reserves the right to withhold an award in any category.
- Nominees are eligible for re-nomination in subsequent years by submitting a new Nomination Package and meeting the requirements for nomination.
- Finalists will be notified prior to the event and invited to attend the VIP Reception and Awards Gala. Award winners will be announced at National Women of Inspiration Awards #WOI2019.
- Nominee and Finalists names, bio and photo may be published for editorial, marketing or promotional materials for Canadian Business Chicks and Women of Inspiration Awards.
- Nominator provides consent on behalf of the nominee for submitting Nomination Application. A Nominee may opt to decline nomination by contacting Canadian Business Chicks.
- It is mandatory for all WOI2019 Award Winner to become a Boss Chicks Mentor. Commitment is 1 year (2 – 3 hours a month).
Are You A Woman of Inspiration or Know Someone Who is?
A Woman of Inspiration is an extraordinary woman who leads by example, lives on purpose and inspires others to be more and do more. She is an every-day hero, game changer, mover and shaker and role model who leads by example with courage, confidence, commitment, and integrity, empowers those around her, and makes an impact in her community and around the globe.
By nominating a woman, you are telling her and the world that she is an extraordinary and courageous woman that is inspiring others and making an impact in the lives of others. A woman of inspiration overcomes challenges with grace and lifts those around her. By nominating a woman, you are honoring her accomplishments, opportunity to build a legacy, validating her hard work, dedication, contribution in the workplace, elevating her personal and professional profile, an opportunity to be recognized locally, nationally and globally.
We believe that “Every Woman Has a Story” and look forward to recognizing Women across Canada who are inspiring others in their community and around the globe to do more and be more!
WOI2019 Woman of Inspiration Award Categories
- Advocate and Catalyst for Change Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Millennial Leader Award
- Difference Maker Award
- Game Changer Award
- Authentic Leader Award
- Cultural Ambassador Award
- Trailblazer (STEM) Award
- Mompreneur Award
- Innovation Award*
- Mentorship Award *
- Unsung Hero Award
- Power Partner Award
- Innovative Leader Award*
- SupportHER Award*
- The Nest Award*
- Global Influencer Award*
- Global Impact Award
- Youth Excellence Award
- Indigenous Leader Award
- Rural Leader Award
- Inspire Award
- Diversity and Inclusiveness Award
For a complete description of the characteristics of each Woman of Inspiration category, See categories.
Benefits of Your Nomination
- Announcement as Woman of Inspiration Nominee on the Canadian Business Chicks website and featured in our newsletter. Watch for social media mentions leading to up to Women of Inspiration Awards and Inspire Summit, share the posts and elevate the recognition of your accomplishments.
- Invitation for Nominee to attend our VIP Opening Soirée.
- Opportunity to be recognized by our Media Partners.*
- Elevate your personal and professional profile nationally.
- Increased credibility of your business profile or cause.
- Enhance your legacy.
- Be a part of the Women of Inspiration Awards Gala and make valuable connections.
- The feeling of being acknowledged…… PRICELESS!
National Woman of Inspiration Award Winners (Announced at Women of Inspiration Awards 2019):
- Presented with a WOI Award at WOI2019
- Special Letter of Recognition;.
- Gifts from our event partners;
- Interviewed by Canadian Business Chicks and recognized on website, newsletter, social media;
- Receive Awards Badge – 2019 Women of Inspiration for your email signature, LinkedIn, Social Media, Website;
- Professional Headshot with WOI2019 Event Photographer;
- Recognized by our Media Partners;
- Private post reception with Keynote and Founder and CEO of Canadian Business Chicks;
- Become a Woman of Inspiration Ambassador;
- Recognized as a Woman of Inspiration Award recipient locally, nationally or globally;
- Featured in Standout Publications as Women of Inspiration Award Winners.
We believe that being nominated is an honor that should be shouted from the mountaintop! We look forward to celebrating with you!
Be Inspired – Gala Awards Celebration
Join us for our premier celebration and empowerment event. Woman of Inspiration Awards event is open to the public, features inspirational keynote speakers, and celebrates women who are making an impact in the community and around the globe.
Take this opportunity to connect and be inspired by women who lead by example. Whether you are a friend, colleague, sponsor or supporter, take this opportunity to celebrate you and be inspired to do more and be more. Welcome, join us in celebrating Women of Inspiration with a gala evening of celebration. Stay tuned for our exciting live entertainment and keynote.
Early Bird Tickets until June 24, 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Nominate? Anyone may complete and submit an online nomination form. Once the Nomination form is submitted. The Nominee will be notified via email and invited to submit the Nomination Package.
Who is responsible to complete the nomination package? Nominees are responsible for completing and submitting the Nominee Package online by June 24, 2019.
Why must Nominee be a member of Canadian Business Chicks? As an Ambassador of Women of Inspiration, it is essential for our values to align. Women of Inspiration Award winners will be invited to participate as Mentors for Boss Chicks Authentic Mentorship Program. Nominees who wish to register as a Member of Canadian Business Chicks. Enter Code: woi2019member to waive the sign-up fee. Valid to Nominees only until June 24, 2019.
What is the expectation for a WOI Nominee? We have special events planned to celebrate our nominees prior to the event. Our WOI Nominees are Ambassadors of Women of Inspiration and must be in attendance at Women of Inspiration Awards Gala to be eligible.
Letter of Reference – We require Nominees to submit a min of (2) Reference letters in support of their nomination. Anyone internally or externally in your organization, board member, advisory council, mentor, or a person who can speak to your accomplishments and achievements may provide you with a letter of reference. Please submit in the form of a single PDF Doc with all letters of reference attached.
Letter of Consent – A letter of consent must be provided by parents or legal guardians for women under the age of 18.
Do Nominees need to purchase event tickets for friends and family? Yes, the Nominee is required to purchase an event ticket prior to ticket deadline of September 1, 2019.
To be eligible for an award you must be present. Nominees, friends, and family will enjoy early bird pricing for single tickets. Corporate Tables (10) seats, include your business name on the table and obtain preferred seating on a first-come, first served basis. Early bird pricing available until June 15, 2019.
How are Award Winners Chosen? All Nominee Packages are reviewed by our Selection Committee. Each member of our Selection Committee has signed a Confidentiality Agreement. Each nomination package will be reviewed by our Selection committee based on the information submitted. IMPORTANT: The judging is based solely on the information submitted in the format requested in the Nomination Package. Please ensure packages are completed before submitting. Incomplete packages will not be eligible.
Criteria: Completed Nomination Package include: Headshots, Letters of Reference, Awards and Recognition, Proven Personal and Business Success, Leadership, mentorship, evidence of advocacy for the advancement of women, and your own personal story of inspiration. We want to shine the light on those who are living on purpose, leading by example, share our values and inspire others to be more and do more!
May I nominate a past Women of Inspiration Nominee or Finalist? Yes. We will accept nominations for Women of Inspiration who have been nominated in previous years.
Is there any industry, cultural, or religious restrictions? No.
Who can be Nominated as a Power Partner? This category is specifically created to elevate the male champions who elevate women in their network, communities, and workplaces. We value the contribution and see man as our allies, sponsors, mentors and business partners