Nominate A Woman or a Power Partner
12 Categories For Nominations
1. Woman of Inspiration - Advocate and Catalyst for Change
A woman who leads with purpose. A woman who demonstrates integrity, leadership, commitment, and courage. A woman whose personal and professional contribution has made a significant impact in her community and in the lives of other women. A Woman of Inspiration has overcome adversity and is inspiring to others by advocating for causes to support women across Canada. She is an advocate for change, leads by example, practices mentorship and has a proven track record of success as an inspiration to women.
2. Lifetime Achievement
An extraordinary woman who has dedicated her life to the advancement of others, who has demonstrated exemplary leadership and has paved the way for the leaders of tomorrow. She demonstrates leadership, courage, confidence, commitment and integrity in business. In addition to being an accomplished businesswoman with proven success, she is recognized as an ambassador for women through her extraordinary dedication, personal achievements, and service to others through mentorship, philanthropy, and business. Lifetime Achievement Award Nominee must be 50 years of age or older by January 1, 2017. Her legacy continues to inspire others.
3. Game Changer – Global Influencer
As a Game Changer, global influencer, thought leader and visionary, she is a founder or co-founder of business with global reach and proven success. She is a woman who has set her goals to forge a path on the road less traveled, to create a vision for her company, and to lead with purpose on a global platform. She is an influential disruptor able to adapt to changing markets. Her customers value her as a leader in her industry. She has established global corporate partnerships, actively manages her business day-to-day, and demonstrates leadership through mentorship and commitment.
A Canadian entrepreneur and mother who is a founder or co-founder of her own business. She balances responsibilities as a mother and the running of her business with poise, purpose and proven success. She has made significant contributions to her local community, regional or national community. She inspires those around her to move mountains and realize their dreams. Mompreneurs are recognized in all industries and sectors of business from health, wellness, spirituality, or mindfulness to construction, food, fashion, and technology.
5. Trailblazer – Technology, Environmental, Research, Science (STEM)
A woman who has broken barriers in the workplace or business community in the category of science, technology, innovation or research. She is a catalyst for change and has made a significant contribution as a business leader. With her entrepreneurial spirit, she has a proven track record of her success with a minimum of 3 years in business. She demonstrates courage, confidence, commitment and integrity to empower and advance women in research and technology and pay it forward in the community. She is an inspiring industry leader setting an example for women across Canada and potentially around the globe.
6. Millennial Leader – Rising Star
This rising star is a young entrepreneur who makes an impact on business, community projects, and volunteering. She is a futurepreneur in the business community, a mentor to her peers and leads by example. She is an exemplary role model breaking barriers and traditional silos with proven business success. She is a young woman of influence an inspiration in her community and communities across Canada.
7. Difference Maker – Humanitarian, Social Entrepreneur
A woman with a commitment and a passion for serving others while making an impact and leading with purpose. Through her work as a humanitarian, she demonstrates the application of business development strategies to implement solutions for social, cultural or environmental issues. The Nominee reflects her influence in paying it forward to make a change and improve the lives of others. She is recognized as a social entrepreneur both locally and either nationally or globally. She is a role model to women in Canada.
8. BOSS Chick – Mentorship
A woman who has made a significant contribution to her workplace, or business community with her dedication and commitment to the circle of reciprocity by helping to support other women to advance personally or professionally. Boss Chicks are active Mentors in the community that lead by example to advance women personally and professionally. Boss Chicks Mentors believe mentorship is a pillar of success and share their knowledge freely. Boss Chicks Mentors are leaders across Canada that are committed to paying success forward.
9. Authentic Leader – Intrapreneur (C-Suite, Corporate, Executive, Senior Leadership)
A woman who has made significant contributions to her industry as an authentic leader. She is a role model and advocates for gender parity within her industry while empowering and supporting women in the workplace in Canada. She is an extraordinary woman who holds an executive or senior management position and leads by example. She emphasizes building honest relationships, values input, has the mindset of an entrepreneur, and leads with courage, confidence, commitment and integrity. She has proven success towards the advancement of women in the workplace in Canada. She advocates for gender parity and practices mentorship by sponsoring women to develop skills for taking on decision-making roles.
10. Cultural Ambassador – Arts and Communications
A woman who has made a significant contribution through her dedication to enriching the lives of others through visual, literary, performing arts, or broadcasting. She is an advocate for women and leads by example to make an impact in the lives of others through her work in the arts and communication. She inspires and educates women across Canada and around the globe. She is committed to being of service to others and paying it forward in the community—locally, regionally or nationally.
11. Unsung Heroes – Public Service
A woman who has made a significant contribution to empower, advance, advocate, or support women in Canada. She is a service leader and role model in the public sector that demonstrates extraordinary leadership, commitment to cause, courage, and integrity. Nominations are open to women in public service to include: Police, Military, Firefighters, Canadian Forces, Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
12. Power Partners
Power Partners work together to raise awareness for gender parity in their networks, workplaces, their community and around the globe. A Power Partner is an advocate for men and women working together.
Complete the Online Nomination Package and Nominee Package below by midnight June 24, 2018, to be eligible. Deadline to submit a nomination is midnight June 15, 2018. No late entries will be accepted.
Who Can be nominated for a Woman of Inspiration Award?
Any individual or organization may nominate a Woman of Inspiration. We accept nominations from women from all stages of business and life representing all industries. Previous nominees have included women from diverse educational and cultural backgrounds: entrepreneurs, businesswomen, professionals, executives, scientists, arts and media, not-for-profits, journalists, thought leaders, authors, athletes, lawyers, doctors, musicians, advocates and women in public service from across Canada. Every woman has a story.
To be eligible for a Woman of Inspiration Award, the nominee must:
- Be available to attend the Women of Inspiration Awards in Calgary, Alberta on September 20. 2018.
- Nominees must complete and submit a Nomination Package by June 24, 2018.
- Choose to become a member of Canadian Business Chicks. Become a Member and we will waive your sign up fee ( monthly subscription applies) Nominee Promo code: woi2018member to waive sign up fee $ 150.
- No Nomination Registration Fee for Members. BONUS for Members Nominated: Complimentary Member Spotlight ($197) to elevate your nomination.
- Open to all Canadian residents.
- To be eligible for the Millennial Leader Award, the nominee must be 34-years-old or younger on January 1, 2018. Any nominees under the age of 18 must have a letter of consent from her legal guardian.
- Canadian Business Chicks reserves the right to withhold an award in any category and holds final determination on all awards.
- The selection committee reserves the right to move a nominee to a category more suited to their strengths and skill sets without notification. View 12 Categories.
- Nominees and finalist’s names, bio, photo will be published for editorial, marketing or promotional materials for Canadian Business Chicks and Women of Inspiration.
- Nominees are eligible for re-nomination in subsequent years. A new Nomination and Nomination Package must be submitted by the deadline. No late entries will be accepted.
- Subscribe to our newsletter for event information.
What’s Unique About Our Awards?
Our awards gala is an inspirational public event featuring awe-inspiring Canadian keynote speakers and offers an opportunity to rub shoulders, celebrate and acknowledge the women who are disruptors, game changers, difference makers, trailblazers, and newsmakers. This event is about women celebrating women on a national scale. It’s about connecting. It’s about sponsors, men and women uniting from the Canadian business community voicing their support for the achievements of women. Watch VIDEO from last year!
Nominees may be entered in one category. View 12 Categories. Each nomination must include:
Step One: NOMINATE A WOMAN. Fill out Nomination Form.
Step Two: Nominee to Complete Nomination Package.
Nominee Package must be completed by NOMINEE and submitted by midnight June 24, 2018. Please CLICK to complete. Judging is based on the completed nomination package.
- Nominees and nominators will receive notification once a nomination has been received. A nomination package and a statement declaring active membership of Canadian Business Chicks must be completed by the nominee in order to be eligible. Deadline midnight, June 24, 2018.
- All completed and eligible nomination packages will be forwarded to the Selection Committee for judging. Canadian Business Chicks reserves the right to withhold an award in any category.
- Nominees are eligible for re-nomination in subsequent years by submitting a new Nomination Package and meeting the requirements for nomination.
- Finalists will be notified prior to the event and invited to attend the VIP Reception on September 20, 2018. Award winners will be announced at Women of Inspiration Awards #WOI2018 on Thursday, September 20, 2018.
- Nominee and Finalists names, bio and photo may be published for editorial, marketing or promotional materials for Canadian Business Chicks and Women of Inspiration Awards.
- Nominator provides consent on behalf of the nominee for submitting Nomination Application. A Nominee may opt to decline nomination by contacting Canadian Business Chicks.
- WOI2018 Winners will be invited to become members of Canadian Business Chicks.
Are You A Woman of Inspiration or Know Someone Who is?
A Woman of Inspiration is an extraordinary woman who leads by example, lives on purpose and inspires others to be more and do more. She is an every-day hero, game changer, mover and shaker and role model who leads by example with courage, confidence, commitment and integrity, empowers those around her, and makes an impact in her community and around the globe.
By nominating a woman, you are telling her and the world that she is an extraordinary and courageous woman that is inspiring others and making an impact in the lives of others. A woman of inspiration overcomes challenges with grace and lifts those around her. By nominating a woman, you are honoring her accomplishments, opportunity to build a legacy, validating her hard work, dedication, contribution in the workplace, elevating her personal and professional profile, an opportunity to be recognized locally, nationally and globally.
We believe that “Every Woman Has a Story” and look forward to recognizing Women across Canada who are inspiring others in their community and around the globe to do more and be more!
12 Woman of Inspiration Award Categories
Advocate and Catalyst for Change
Millennial Star – Rising Star
For a complete description of the characteristics of each Woman of Inspiration category, See categories.
Benefits of Your Nomination
- Announcement as Woman of Inspiration Nominee on the Canadian Business Chicks website and featured in our newsletter. Watch for social media mentions leading to up to Women of Inspiration Awards on Thursday, September 20, share the posts and elevate the recognition of your accomplishments .
- Invitation for Nominee to attend our VIP Nominee Reception.
- Opportunity to be recognized by our Media Partners.*
- Elevate your personal and professional profile nationally.
- Increased credibility of your business profile or cause.
- Enhance your legacy.
- Be apart of the Women of Inspiration Awards celebration on Thursday, September 20, 2018.
- The feeling of being acknowledged…… PRICELESS!
Woman of Inspiration Award Winners (Announced at Women of Inspiration Thursday, September 20, 2018):
- Presented with a WOI Award at WOI2018 Awards Gala at Calgary TELUS Convention Centre:
- Special Letter of Recognition;.
- Gifts from our event partners;
- Interviewed by Canadian Business Chicks and recognized on website, newsletter, social media;
- Receive Awards Badge – 2018 Women of Inspiration for your email signature, LinkedIn, Social Media, Website;
- Professional Headshot with WOI2018 Event Photographer;
- Recognized by our Media Partners;
- Private post reception with Keynote and Founder and CEO Canadian Business Chicks;
- Become a Woman of Inspiration Ambassador;
- Recognized as a Woman of Inspiration Award recipient locally, nationally or globally;
- Featured in Standout Publications as Women of Inspiration Award Winners.
We believe that being nominated is an honor that should be shouted from the mountaintop! We look forward to celebrating with you!
Be Inspired – Keynote and Awards Celebration
Join us for our premier celebration and empowerment event. Woman of Inspiration Awards event is open to the public, features inspirational keynote speakers, and celebrates women who are making an impact in the community and around the globe.
Take this opportunity to connect and be inspired by women who lead by example. Whether you are a friend, colleague, sponsor or supporter, take this opportunity to celebrate you and be inspired to do more and be more. Welcome, join us in celebrating Women of Inspiration the evening of Thursday, September 20, 2018, at the TELUS Conventions Centre.
Only 800 tickets available. Early Bird tickets and VIP Corporate Tables (10) until June 15, 2018. Keynote speaker for this year’s event is Barb Stegemann, CEO of 7 Virtues. Barb is a Social Entrepreneur, Global Disruptor, Best Selling Author and International Speaker.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Nominate? Anyone may complete and submit an online nomination form. Once the Nomination form is submitted. The Nominee will be notified via email and invited to submit the Nomination Package.
Who is responsible to complete the nomination package? Nominees are responsible for completing and submitting the Nominee Package online by June 15, 2018.
Why must Nominee be a member of Canadian Business Chicks? As an Ambassador of Women of Inspiration, it is essential our values align. Women of Inspiration will be invited to participate as Mentors for Boss Chicks Authentic Mentorship Program. Become A Member. Nominees who are Non-Members are invited to register as a Member of Canadian Business Chicks. Enter Code: woi2017member to waive the sign up fee. Valid to Nominees only until June 24 2018.
What is the expectation for a WOI Nominee? We have special events planned to celebrate our nominees prior to the event. Our WOI Nominees are Ambassadors of Women of Inspiration and invited to participate as members of Canadian Business Chicks and be in attendance at the event.
Letter of Reference – We require Nominees to submit a min of (2) Reference letters in support of their nomination. Anyone internally or externally in your organization, board member, advisory council, mentor, or person who can speak to your accomplishments and achievements may provide you with a letter of reference. Please submit in the form of a single PDF Doc with all letters of reference attached.
Letter of Consent – A letter of consent must be provided by parents or legal guardians for women under the age of 18.
Do Nominees need to purchase event tickets for friends and family? Yes, the Nominee is required to purchase an event ticket prior to ticket deadline of September 1, 2018.
To be eligible for an award you must be present. Nominees, friends, and family will enjoy early bird pricing for single tickets. Corporate Tables (10) seats, include your business name on the table and obtain preferred seating on a first-come, first-served basis. Early bird pricing available until June 15, 2018.
How are Award Winners Chosen? All Nominee Packages are reviewed by our Selection Committee. Each member of our Selection Committee has signed a Confidentiality Agreement. Each nomination package will be reviewed by our Selection committee based on the information submitted. IMPORTANT: The judging is based solely on the information submitted in the format requested in the Nomination Package. Please ensure packages are completed before submitting. Incomplete packages will not be eligible.
Criteria: Completed Nomination Package include: Headshots, Letters of Reference, Awards and Recognition, Proven Personal and Business Success, Leadership, mentorship, evidence of advocacy for the advancement of women, and your own personal story of inspiration. We want to shine the light on those who are living on purpose, leading by example, share our values and inspire others to be more and do more!
May I nominate a past Women of Inspiration Nominee or Finalist? Yes. We will accept nominations for Women of Inspiration who have been nominated in previous years.
May the nominee be in public office? Individuals in public office are not eligible for nominations.
Is there any industry, cultural, or religious restrictions? No.
Who can be Nominated as a Power Partner? This category is open to include the men who partner as co-founder of a company. A Power Partner is a person who elevates women in a leadership role. A Power Partner may be woman partnered with a husband, brother, sister, mother, daughter, or business partner.